Amazes me!

Amazes me!

Número de respuestas: 0

OBJECTIVES

• Make a synthesis, a comment or a reasoned idea about one of the Judgments of the CJEU whose content you especially call attention. 
  • Know and share our ideas with others users through the Forum, creating a learning community. 

DURATION AND RESOURCES

• The activity will be developed during the 6th week of the course.
  • You will to need access some of the CJEU's sentences.
  • You will have to use the Forum of the course and additionally if you like, the Gijón Participa platform or your social media.

DEVELOPMENT

1. You must choose a Judgement of the CJEU that catches your attention and whose content surprises you. I can be one of those commenting on the course, or you can choose any other you know or find. For example:

-The FIFA/Commission Judgment, 17th February of 2011 (issue T385/07) in which the General Court confirmed that a Member State may impose the free access retransmission of all football matches of the Word and European Championships, on the ground that a state cannot be restricted to a means of payment consider of great importance to your society. 

-The 16th April of 2013 Judgment (issue C-202/11), which ruled that imposing a cross-border worker on the drafting of his employment contract in a language other than his own goes beyond the proportional defence of minority languages and contradicts the free movement of workers. 

-The 7th March of 2017 Judgment (issue C-638/16 PPU), according to which the contruies of the European Union are not obliged to extend a temporary humnitarian visa to allow legal entry to their territory of asylum seekers if they understand that the real intention is a permanent residence. 

2. Once you have clear the importance of the Judgment and how it affects your life or your point of view, you have to choose between making a synthesis, an argument of an idea or a commentary.

3. Keep in mind that if you want to post it on Twitter, with the hashtag #JusticEU and #CITIZEUMooc, it must be short, due to you will only have 280 characters. 

4. You can follow the interactions of your opinions and your colleagues' ones through the space we have created for social networks on the platform or directly through the hashtag of the activity on Twitter. 

EXAMPLE

1. I choose a judgement that amazes me: 21th February of 2018 Judgement, according to which "working time" should be considered as the on-call time of a worker who must respond to the employer's calls within a short period of time. 
  2. I create my comment. As it seems to me a question that should be known, I decide to post it on Twitter with the two hashtags.
Tweet: I´m surprised that it´s considered work to be simply available to the company because you´re not doing anything for it, but I think it´s great because it prevents you from using that time for yourself. #JusticEu #CITICEUMooc